2009年7月9日 星期四

Bravo! NTU Chorus Concert

Tonight, I went to NTU Chorus 2009 Summer Concert, entitled "Meandering (流轉)." Raymond was on stage. In fact, he bought the tickets for us.

The concert lasted three hours, starting at 7:30 and ending at 10:30. Their performance was fantastic! I especially loved the musical part. The handsomely performed "Facade" from Jekyll & Hyde drew so many "Encores" from the audience. The words of the song "For Good" from Wicked touched the chord of my heart.

                                                                                                


For Good



I've heard it said

That people come into our lives for a reason

Bringing something we must learn

And we are led to those

Who help us most to grow if we let them

And we help them in return

Well, I don't know if I believe that's true

But I know I'm who I am today

Because I knew you

 

Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes a sun

Like a stream that meets a boulder

Halfway through the wood

Who can say if I've been changed for the better

But because I knew you

I have been changed for good

 

It well may be

That we will never meet again in this life time

So let me say before we part

So much of me is made of what I learned from you

You'll be with me

Like a handprint on my heart

And now whatever way our stories end

I know you have rewritten mine

By being my friend

 

Finally, at the request of the audience, the chorus performed two encores. The first one was "Just a Single Voice," which sang of friendship, dedicated by the conductor to the members in the choir who graduated this year. The second song was "The Rose." Wow! It was the first time I heard the song sung in chorus. Beautiful in a different way! It reminded me of the times I sang the song with my students in class.

沒有留言:

張貼留言