2009年7月28日 星期二

Studying in a Normal University?

Yesterday the WordPress system crashed, which had never happened.  The following is the entry I put on my Life Type blog:

It seems that high school students don't like to choose to study at a normal university. They have the myth that one who graduates from a normal university has to be a teacher.

In fact, this is not true in Taiwan now. Students from any university can be a teacher if they want to, have completed required education courses, and pass the teacher selection examination. Even those who graduate from a normal university have to pass the examination. The only advantage normal university graduates have is that they don't have to pass a test to take the education courses. They have to take the courses during the four years.

I would have been admitted to the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures at NTU if I put this on the top of my list. However, my father suggested that teaching was the best job for me. I then chose the English Department of NTNU as my first choice.

You might ask me if I regret missing studying in such a good university as NTU. My answer is "No," because at those times only normal university graduates had the chance to be a teacher. Since my career goal was set, it was easy for me to make the decision.

沒有留言:

張貼留言