2009年4月2日 星期四

Congratulations, Ying-zi!

Congratulations, Ying-zi!

This noon the list of those who are admitted to National Tsing Hua University is announced.  Ying-zi (張盈姿), a student in Class 313, is on the list.  She is admitted to the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures.   I was so happy for her.  In fact, I think she deserves the honor.  Before the 2nd-stage screening, she worked very hard, listening to CNN, practicing summarizing articles she read, writing compositions, and doing two past tests.  She took it really seriously. 

When she came to me this noon to share the good news, which I had already been informed of, we embraced each other for quite a while.  To be frank, understanding how tough what she went through was, I was on the verge of shedding tears, tears of joy.  She told me she had cried for a while before she came to me.  I understand. 

Congratulations, Ying-zi!   I knew you would get it.  What you did showed how strong your will was.  Remember the words, "When you really want something, all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it"? 

沒有留言:

張貼留言