2009年4月14日 星期二

Congratulations, Derek!

Yesterday the result of NTU application came out.  Derek (董德), one of my assistants in Class 310, got admitted to the Department of Entomology at NTU.   He was exhilarated, and I was too.  We hugged for a while, our joy bankrupting any language.    

Derek told me three days after the 2nd-stage screening about the English part of the interview.  It went like this:

He was shown a PowerPoint photo of two insects.  Then the professors asked him some questions about the photo in English and he answered in English. 

He said that he felt quite good about this part.  He even told me he kept listening to the song "When You Believe" while he was waiting for his turn.  Interesting, isn't it?

Congratulations, Derek!

P.S. What impressed me today was that Derek and Ying-zi, though already freshman-to-be, still took the review test this morning and did as well as before.  This is a good attitude.  However, I would suggest that they skip review tests and read some English books/novels instead.

沒有留言:

張貼留言