2008年12月2日 星期二

To Sandra from Taipei County

Sandra, a member of Taipei County English Education Advisory Group,  kindly posted her comments on my Life Type blog.  The following are her comments and my response.

Re:What Good Does Keeping a Blog Do?


Dear June,

It's really a pleasure to read your blog. Thank you for being such a diligent blogger that I can learn from your entries on a daily basis.

By keeping blogs, we English teachers can reflect on our teaching, share our experiences, and learn from each other. Therefore, blogging for me is also a good way to facilitate teachers' professional development, particularly when we have role models to follow, just like you.


       Posted by Sandra from Taipei County at 02/12/2008, 11:20

Dear Sandra,


Thank you for being such a loyal reader of my blog and the compliments. I've never thought of being a role model, and I'm really not one because my teaching still has room for improvement. I kept my blog with a view to serving English teachers and learners.


I agree with you that, by blogging, we can "reflect on our teaching, share our experiences, and learn from each other." If there had been blogs to read since my 1st day of teaching, I would have got more brilliant ideas from those expereiced teacher. If I could have blogged since my 1st day of teaching, I might have recorded much more teaching ideas for future tracking.


 


Our blogs can also be a place for students to practice using English to communicate. So far, I haven't used this function to its full, because all my students are in their third year, preparing for the entrance exam. Some of them have even stopped using the computer since the first day of the third year. So I don't force them to read and give comments. Otherwise, I would ask my students to read my blog and give responses at least every two weeks. I believe only by using English to communicate can they really feel the power of the language.


Thank you again for the encouraging words.

沒有留言:

張貼留言