2008年12月18日 星期四

Teaching the Song "Whatever Will Be Will Be"

Seeing that many students are in distress after the mock exam, I decided to teach them the song, "Whatever Will Be Will Be."  In fact, last night, I had intended to teach them "Hero;" however, I changed my mind after Se-heng sent me a text message after hanging up the phone telling me her favorite song was "Whatever Will Be Will Be."  It was the happy tune of the song.


Today, after discussing the items on the mock exam, my classes and I sang the song together.  I told them why I taught them this song.  It's true that we must do our best, but we should not ever lose heart even if sometimes the outcome is not satisfactory.   I told Class 313 about the words I got from a fortune cookie when I was studying in the US: The only thing that is certain in life is the uncertainty. 


Then I asked the students how they felt when listening to/singing the song "Whatever Will Be Will Be."  The following are the adjectives they offered: hopeful, optimistic, happy, delighted, wonderful, lovely, great, etc.  Yes, I'd like them to always remember all these words in their life.

沒有留言:

張貼留言