2008年12月28日 星期日

"Speaking Passport"--a Way to Get Students to Talk

Last Monday, after my speech at Lungshan Junior High School, I drove Ms. Hsin-yi Huang (黃馨儀老師), a teacher from Blessed Imelda's School (靜修女中), to the MRT station.  In my car, she told me that her school has an English Day every week.  On that day students have to bring their "speaking passport" and went to a teacher to tell him/her the answer to the question the school posed on the previous day, for example, "What did you do last Sunday?" so that they can have their passport stamped.


This is an interesting activity for English Day.


Every time I teach the 2nd-year students, I also have to try to get them to speak English.  Usually I ask them to talk to me individually for ten times each semester, each time for 3 minutes.   As long as they fulfill the mission, they can pass the English Speaking/Listening Course. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言