2008年12月14日 星期日

How Long Hasn't Your Heart Leapt Up?


Words from Albert Einstein:


“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”


I came across this in the December issue of Reader's Digest. This reminds me of William Wordswoth's poem “My Heart Leaps Up When I Behold.”


“My heart leaps up when I behold


A rainbow in the sky.


So was it when my life began;


So is it now I am a man;


So be it when I shall grow old,


Or let me die!


The Child is father of the Man;


And I could wish my days to be


Bound each to each by natural piety.”


How long hasn't your heart leapt up? I feel blessed that my heart always leaps for joy, at the sight of a dog walking proudly to me or a budding tree, at the thought of someone's sweet smile or a beautiful sentence, at the sound of a child's giggle or melodious music, etc. My mom-in-law sometimes teases and says that I'm still like a child. Well, I take it as a compliment. I'm a child at heart.

沒有留言:

張貼留言