2015年3月7日 星期六

One Day When We Were Young...



Today, an NTNU classmate LINEd our group these photos, which were taken when we were in college. The above picture was taken during our graduation trip around the island.



If my memory serves me right, this was taken when we were juniors.

After graduation, to fulfill our obligation, all of us were assigned to teach in different schools across Taiwan. Back then, we didn't need to pass any teacher screening tests. Very nice, wasn't it? A few quit and went abroad with their husbands after teaching for only a few years, a few left school and ran cram schools, and most taught until retirement.

Luckily, as a teacher, I found myself in my element. If I had taken NTU as my first choice, I would not have met these wonderful classmates and could have worked in a different field. I might also have enjoyed my work and given it my best shot, but I would not have met my lovely students.

These two photos are so reminiscent of the days at NTNU, when we learned together to be a good teacher.

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言