2014年5月13日 星期二

Reconnection



Today is a memorable day. I had a gathering with Xiu-chuan (汪秀娟), an elementary school friend, who I hadn't seen for around 40 years. It was her daughter that got us reconnected. Her daughter called NHSH to look for me last Friday, and a colleague happened to receive the call. The colleague rang me up immediately and gave me the phone number. Right away, I called her.

Sadly, I was told on the phone she was suffering from stomache cancer, undergoing chemotherapy. She told me when her daughter handed her the phone, she said to her, "Happy Mother's Day!" Oh, that was so touching. She knew her mother had been wanting to see me again.

I told her I would like to visit her. So we set up the date, that is, today.

I made concentrated beef stock for her, knowing it could strengthen her body. Also, I brought her pineapple cakes, apples, pears, and sweet soup, just to power her up. Before arriving at her place, I was very excited. Forty years! How could time have flown so fast?

Upon seeing her, as thin as a stick, I felt really sorry, sorry for not having tried to get reconnected with her earlier. However, with strong faith in Christianity, she looked peaceful and strong. We chatted for 3 hours! She told me what had happened to her during the past 40 years and the great impact of religion on her. Before I left, we held hands and she prayed for me. Also, she gave me a CD with 11 Christian hymns in it. I could see the love and the wisdom in her. Thanks to her daughter, I got back a dear friend for life.



 

沒有留言:

張貼留言