2013年4月2日 星期二

An Afternoon Chat with Geng-yu



After so many years, around 10 years, finally we got reconnected through my blog, a former student Geng-yu (張耕毓) and me.   An afternoon chat brought back the memories of good old days when I taught his class, Class 309.  That was the first co-ed class I taught at NHSH, a class working quite hard on their English.

Geng-yu and I caught up on what we'd missed during the 10 years.  Halfway through the conversation, he suggested we chat in English.   Nice!   Geng-yu's English is very fluent.  Communicating with foreigners in English would be just a piece of cake for him.

During our conversation, he mentioned the reading material as a summer vacation assignment--The Novel.  He said the book is thrilling, pushing his imagination to the max.  Yeah, at that time that book, full of suspension, appeared weird to me.  Actually, when I read some of the stories in it, I felt goosebumps.  We recalled a story about flowers screaming when being cut.  I told him about the impact the story has on my life.  Whenever I cut flowers, I think of that story and wonder if the flowers are screaming, feeling pain.  Then I say sorry to the flowers.

Of course, we talked about our current life.  Knowing he quite enjoys what he is doing now, I felt happy for him.

A nice gathering.  And we look forward to another one.

沒有留言:

張貼留言