2015年4月1日 星期三

Why Not?

This afternoon, I had a meet-up with Brian, a former student I taught at Chieh-show Junior High School, a gathering before he goes back to the States tomorrow. He talked about many Westerners' complext of superiority based on his own experience. At this, I mentioned the line in the song Colors of the Wind from the movie Pocahontas: "You think the only people who are people are the people who look and think like you." But I told him people are different. Some are arrogant; some are humble. This has been a fact since a long time ago.

Also, Brian mentioned the difference between answering "Why?" and "Why not?" to a request. For example, if you ask your friend a favor, "Why not?" brings the warm feeling, while "Why?" sounds cold. This is quite interesting. Actually, the negative word in the phrase "Why not?" makes it sounds more positive.

We also discussed happiness and religion. He is such a philosopher!

Knowing I love traveling, before bidding adieu, he told me if I go to the States, he can go on a trip with me.

Why not?

沒有留言:

張貼留言