2015年1月28日 星期三

A Time for Us



Yesterday evening, I had a gathering with three former students, Wei-hsiang (煒翔), Li-xuan (立軒), and Yi-lou (以洛), who are in my homeroom class from Aug. 2010 to June 2011. Besides them, Wei-hsiang's lovely mother and younger brother joined us. A long chat from 6pm to 10:10pm. Most of the time, they talked about what they've been doing and what they want to do in the near future.

Wei-hsiang was excited that he's going to go to Croatia as an exchange student this coming summer. A few months ago, he requested me to go over his autobiography and statement of purpose. It was then that I realized how much he had accomplished since his first day of college. He had kept building up his experience, which really amazed me. He told me a history major could contribute a lot to human culture. He also shared how he prepared for IELTS. He spent only one months studying intensively for the test, three to four hours a day, and got a 6 on the test. The highest is 9. His strategy for writing is: using simple words and correct grammar.

Li-xuan majors in design and is in his element. You can see his creativity even when he poses for pictures. During the winter vacation, he has to work for the fashion show in his school in March. I believe he will surely have fun.

Yi-lou, who owns a band, majors in cultural and creative industries management. He is also doing what he loves. He showed us the CD his band made. Cool!





Li-xuan in the coat he designed



 





Don't they look like models doing the catwalk in a fashion show?



They have been really close since high school.



Mother and sons



My dear students, have fun with your life!

P.S. During the gathering, Wei-hsiang asked me a good question: "Now what is your dream?" The moment we said goodbye, I gave him my answer, "Be a useful person." Since then I've been pondering over exactly how I will define "useful person."

沒有留言:

張貼留言