2015年1月22日 星期四

A Book I Co-wrote Just Came Out





A book I co-wrote with Annie (詹麗馨老師) for junior high school students was just published. This afternoon, I received ten copies from CET, the publisher.

The book contains three mock CA tests and the CA in 2014, each of which includes both listening and reading. Along with the four tests are detailed explanations for each item and appendixes, such as the five basic English sentence patterns, verb tenses, and online learning resources.

During the process, Ms. Chan and I exchanged the items we had written, went over them carefully, and offered modification suggestions to each other. For me, the most difficult part was to get writing ideas. Once an idea was formed, putting it into words is just like writing a composition. However, the words we could use were limited to the vocabulary list for junior high school students. There are totally only 1,200 words. Any word beyond the list had to be defined in Chinese in a word box. I tried not to have more than five such words in any passage.

Hurrah! Here comes our brain child. Hopefully, it will be helpful to those who need to do practice before taking the real CA and those who want to improve their English by doing exercises.

I'd like to thank CET and all its staff who helped with the publication of this book. Also, I'm grateful to Annie for working together to make the book as flawless as possible.

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言