2015年1月26日 星期一

A Gathering of Four



This noon, I had a gathering with Li-chu (陳麗珠老師) and two students of ours, Sao-yu (林紹瑜) and Po-chin (張博欽), both of whom are juniors in college. Li-chu taught their class for two years and I only one. In fact, they were among the last groups of students I taught before retirement. Sao-yu and Po-chin shared with us what they'd been doing since last summer, when we met, and their plan for their near future. We listened but didn't give much comment. We cared about them and tried not to be didactic when responding.

When they asked me if I ever cut class in college and I said No, they stared at me in disbelief. I told them that it was a way of mine to show respect for my professors. Knowing they wanted to improve their English, I suggested watching/listening to TED every day, listening to 60-Second Science at Scientific American, and reading novels.



 

沒有留言:

張貼留言