2013年8月16日 星期五

A Lovely Handmade Card from Alice



Yesterday afternoon, I got a handmade postcard from a former student Alice, who graduated from college last year.  The warm colors caught my eye and my first impression was that the lady are joyously dancing in the hot sun.

However, it was not until I turned it over and read the message on the back that I realized what Alice wanted to express, which goes deeper into life.



Lovely and touching, isn't it? I'm really glad that she remembers what I taught.

In the age of the Internet, people are used to sending email or texting on the cellphone. So, each handwritten letter or card is especially treasured by me.  I once read an article by Chou Fen-ling (周芬伶) "The Mother Who Wrote Letters" and was intrigued by the mother's loving gesture, so I decided to write letters to my family or friends. But so far I have written only a few. Need to set aside more time to write letters.

沒有留言:

張貼留言