2013年1月26日 星期六

"What Makes a Great Teacher"--an ABC News Video

In Have a Little Faith, a book by Mitch Albom which I was reading this afternoon, is a poignant passage that kept me deep in thought.  The author wrote about how he felt on his way out of a crumbling church for the homeless on a chilly winter day.

"On my way out, I took one last peek into the gym. I heard the steady hum of the blowers and saw the shadowy bumps under blankets, some lying still, some tossing slightly. It's hard to express what hit me then, except the thought that every one of those bumps was a man, every man once a child, every child once held by his mother, and now this: a cold gym floor at the bottom of the world." (p. 174)

The words broke my heart when the images flashed through my mind.  What if these people had met a great teacher in their life? Would it have made a difference or were they destined to suffer?

Then this evening I came across this enlightening video for all teachers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bIQ4-3XSxU

What Makes a Great Teacher

ABC News  02-26-2010

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言