2011年5月12日 星期四

The Last Classes with 314 & 309

314 last class 20110512

Homeroom Class 314 on their last day of class

Today is the last day of class for the seniors in school. After finishing the quiz and discussion, I showed the students some slides with words I'd like them to remember. The theme is The Secret of Happiness. I made the ppt last night, consulting three articles on the Internet. Before we came to the theme, I showed the class what I have emphasized during the past two years: Respect, Always do the right thing, Smile, and Have fun. (Oops! I forgot to put Empathy, a word I've been trying to etch in their heart.) When it comes to happiness, the first step, as I showed them through the ppt, is appreciating what they have. Though I was not sure how far my words would reach, I'm glad that I reviewed with them all these in the last class.

After the short talk, we sang the two songs together. With 314, we wrapped up the class by having two class photos taken. It's a pity that I forgot to take pictures of Class 309.

While they were taking the quiz, I gave each of them a handmade bookmark. On the bookmark are a class photo, a song--either The Rose or Hero, some English learning websites, Have fun! and a picture of a four-leave clove.

 

bookmark

Comparing the following photos; the first one taken today and the second on the first day we encountered on Aug. 31, 2009, I found the students did grow.

 314 last class

new 214

沒有留言:

張貼留言