2011年5月1日 星期日

So Much to Learn

flower    

  flowers

What are the names of the flowers?

A line in the song "Colors of the Wind" always reminds me to be humble:

"How can there be so much that you don't know?"

This afternoon, I went to Shilin Official Residence, the former residence of late Republic of China President Chiang Kai-shek.   Though I didn't visit the official residence house, I saw a lot of flowers and plants whose names I don't know.  The above are  two of them.

I remember that several years ago, in a college admission interview, a student was asked to name 100 kinds of flowers.  I don't know if he/she had to answer the questions in Chinese or English.  Even in Chinese, it is still very difficult for me.  

There are so many things to learn, and this is one of the reasons we live for.

沒有留言:

張貼留言