2011年5月13日 星期五

Thank You for Saying Thank You

A student came to my office after the exam this afternoon. After taking the seat beside me, he said in a very soft voice, "Hsin-jung, thank you. Thanks for what you've taught me over the past two years."

Surprised, I asked, "What have I taught you?" He replied, "A lot.... Always do the right thing. Be happy. Have fun. Put yourself in others' shoes...." (Well, what about English? doubt) "You're so sweet!" I thanked him for showing gratitude.

Later after he left, while I was putting everything on my desk in order, my eyes welled up when I thought of his words. What is more rewarding for teachers than to know their words have reached their students' heart?

Dr. Pausch mentioned in his book The Last Lecture that thank-you notes have become a lost art. However, the students' words convinced me that the art is still there.good mood

沒有留言:

張貼留言