2010年5月3日 星期一

Chen Shu-chu

Perhaps today's best news is that our fellow countrywoman Chen Shu-chu's being one of the 100 most influential people listed by the TIME magazine. Ms. Chen was enlisted in the category of Heroes. The article written by the famous Taiwan-born director Ang Lee is quite easy and touching.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1984685_1984949_1985237,00.html

 

My comments: Ms. Chen's story reminds me of the story of an old couple I read several years ago in the newspaper.  After retirement, every morning, the couple searched in the newspaper for news stories about poor people who needed help.  Then they would donate some money to them.  That is one of the most memorable and touching news stories I've ever read.  I salute this kind of people from the bottom of my heart.

沒有留言:

張貼留言