2009年9月22日 星期二

Stunning Mysteries plus Class Activities for Sanmin 303

Today in class we came to two of the world's mysteries: crop circles and Stonehenge.

Before the class, I came across two amazing photos of crop cirlcles in the morning. One was taken in English, and the other in Switzerland. Click and you'll be stunned by these geometric shapes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Crop_circles_Swirl.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:CropCircleW.jpg

 I showed the students the two photos in class before the discussion of crop cirlces in the 3rd paragraph.

After crop circles, we moved on to Stonehenge. I had the students read the 4th paragraph and compare the similarities and differences between these two mysteries. While they were reading, I drew a chart on the blackboard.
















 

 

 
Similarities

 
Differences

 
crop circles

 

 

 

 
 

 

 
 

 

 
Stonehenge

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

Then while the students was telling me what they had found in their reading, I filled in their "findings."

Later, we went into the details in the paragraph. After more Q & A and some explanations, the students read one of the articles in the handout I gave yesterday, which is about Stonehenge. This time, their task was to find out some extra information in the article. The students were very good! They told me 4 pieces of new information learned from the supplementary article before the class was dismissed.

沒有留言:

張貼留言