2009年9月24日 星期四

Group Discussion

group discussion

group discussion group discussion group discussion

To give students more chance to speak English and to enhance the interaction between students, today I had Class 214 do group discussion in class. Before class, I drew the grouping chart on the blackboard, telling the students to put their desks into small clusters.

To my amazement, the students had already sat in groups of 5 to 7 when I stepped into the classroom.

After a brief review of the first four paragraphs in Lesson 3, it was time to move on to the last paragraphs. I instructed them how to do group discussion. First, each group decided on the leader, the secretary, and the point winner. The leader, who got the question sheet, would read out each questions. The leader, with the answer sheet, would jot down the members' answers. The point winner would later be handed the answer sheet and said the answers aloud on behalf of his/her group.

Then we started the 12 minutes' discussion. While the students were doing the discussion, I walked around to monitor and see if anyone needed help in pronunciation. The students got enthusiastically involved. Hearing several students speaking English at the same time, I broadened my smile.

When the time was up, I started to ask questions. The point winners raised their hands and said the answer aloud. Wow! I really enjoyed seeing them so eager to speak English. Good! The goal was attained. I believe that in this class they learned more English by using the language.

The following is the worksheet I designed last night.

Worksheet Sanmin 303-modified.doc

沒有留言:

張貼留言