2009年6月21日 星期日

Is It an Ideal Way to Find Mr./Ms. Right Through the Internet?

The following are four essays on the topic "Is It an Ideal Way to Find Mr./Ms. Right Through the Internet?"  If my memory serves me right, the essays were written by four girls at TFG or Zhongshan Girls High School several years ago.  I should have put down the school name upon receiving the essays from my friend.   Well, I learned not to trust my memory too much.

The four essays are quite well written.  Enjoy reading them and decide which one is the most convincing.

1.

It is not an ideal way to find Mr. or Ms. Right through the Internet.  That is because the Internet is a "virtual world," and in my opinion, "to see is to believe."  You can be anyone you want to be on the Internet because no one can tell whether you are telling the truth.  A guy may say he looks like Brad Pitt and is as rich as Bill Gates just to attract people's attention.  You only see one side of a person via the Internet.  You can't be sure that he is as good as he sounds when you two meet face to face.  A lot of people got themselves into trouble meeting their "Net Pals" because "Mr. Nice" is "Mr. Bad" in reality.  Although there are cases of people finding their perfect match through the Internet, I still prefer the old-fashioned way—dating in person.  (148 words)

2.

     It is not an ideal way to find Mr. Right through the Internet.  There is no denying that there are some people who log on the net and chat with someone in the chatting room to find their Mr. Right.  But to me, this kind of behavior is stupid.  You can say anything on the Internet without taking responsibility and so does your potential Mr. Right.  You may fall in love with a handsome, tall, and well-educated man on the Internet.  But after a few months, you may find out he is nothing more than a good-for-nothing or only a girl who wants to play jokes on you.  So instead of sitting in front of your computer and talking in the chatting room, you'd better go outdoors and find your real Mr. Right.  (133 words)

3.

     It is an ideal way to find Mr. Right through the Internet.  In the first place, we should not judge a person by his appearance but by his heart.  In modern society, we are easily influenced by others' looks.  However, we pay little attention to others' souls.  On the other hand, we can truly reveal our feelings and thoughts via the Internet.  We can discuss our own ideas with another person in the chatting room without fear.  It is because we are really what we are when we're alone at the computer desk.  We don't have to mind what the other person looks like.  It is his unmasked heart that counts.  In addition, we are also enlightened or fulfilled in the course of exchanging our feelings with each other.  For these reasons mentioned above, I consider it an ideal way to find our Mr. Right through the Internet. (148 words)

4.

     It is an ideal way to find Mr. Right through the Internet.  The Internet gives us a good opportunity to make friends.  I can write without worrying that I don't have a pretty face.  With the love and care I put into my words, I could make the one at the other end know more and more about my inner self.  By the time we understand each other very well and we decide to meet each other, what I look like will not be that important.  I think meeting through the Internet is very romantic.  This kind of love is pure and spiritual.  Having faith in the true love on the Internet, I will try to find my sweetheart through the Internet one day.   (124 words)

P.S. The bold-faced parts are where I made modification.

沒有留言:

張貼留言