2009年6月4日 星期四

Graduation Ceremony







 





Today I attended students' graduation ceremony.  Though I'm not a homeroom teacher, as usual, I still loved to accompany my students to their last moment in school.  

The ceremony lasted more than 3 hours, including addresses, award presentation, flim clips, and students' and teachers' performances,etc. 

Former Defense Minister Mr. Hao (郝柏村) came to the ceremony.  He addressed the students, offering them four pieces of advice: 1. Be a good person. 2. Deal with things in a scientific way.  3. Serve people.  4. Stay healthy. 

The following are some other gems of wisdom I heard at the ceremony:

I. From Commissioner of the Department of Education of Taipei City Government:

1. Lifelong learning.

2. Time management.

3. Good health.

4. Being grateful.

II. From Mr. Chou:

1. Wherever you are, grow well.  (無論你被種植在何方,都要努力生長。)

2. As long as you are alive, be responsible for every day. (只要活著,就要為活著的每一天負責。)

III. (Sorry.  I forgot who he was.)

   Do not play too much computer games.

After the graduation ceremony, the students don't need to be regulated by our school's rules.  They are alumni.  Another milestone in their life.

 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言