2008年7月11日 星期五

A wonderful dinner with Max

This evening, Max, my former student, treated me to dinner.  I met his girlfriend for the first time.  She's an amiable and sweet girl.  We had a wonderful time chatting a lot, talking about life, career, school, and even Max's cats. 



Max's girlfriend is only around 20, but she has already been considering taking care of her father.   How sweet! 


We talked about life.  Sometimes we are not sure if we have the ability to take the challenges life has in store for us and we start to worry.  However, I remember Dale Carnegie said in his book How to Stop Worrying and Start Living that there is no point worrying about the past or the future because what has happened cannot be reversed even if we worry and our worries about the future mostly will never happen.  What's important is to seize what we can; that is, the present.


I was amazed to know Max has 5 cats! The way he treated the cats makes me believe that he is a person who can always stand in others' shoes.


 

沒有留言:

張貼留言