2008年7月17日 星期四

A Joke a Day Keeps the Doctor Away and a Reflection

Today, I met Class 310 for the second time.  So, I decided to tell them a joke to test their sense of humor.   This is the joke I told.


http://www.ahajokes.com/blo060.html


In fact, I read them the joke.  Before I read it, I pre-taught/reviewed two words: astonishment & disgustedly.  Besides, I provided them with the cultural background by telling them that Americans like to make fun of blondes and that there are many blonde jokes.


After I read the joke, many of them laughed.  And then Derek (董德) told the joke again in Chinese.  Later I put up the joke on the bulletin board so that those who didn't understand the English version could read it.


This evening, I suddenly had a question in mind, "How do those blondes feel about all the jokes about them?  Aren't they hurt?  Is it cruel to make fun of them this way?" 

沒有留言:

張貼留言