2016年4月22日 星期五

Skyping with Brian

This morning, I spent one and a half hours skyping with Brian, a former student from Chiehshow Junior High School who I taught around 25 years ago.

Besides catching up with what we've missed for the last three months, we chatted about religion, integrity, trips, relationships between parents and children, happiness, etc. I told Brian 25 years ago that he was a philosopher. And he is still one now.

When I mentioned to him that I threw away while doing the cleaning before a Chinese New Year all the letters I got from friends and students when studying at UOI, he looked quite surprised. I told him I regret it very much. However, life goes on, and I should not dwell on the past. If there were really a time machine, I would go back to that year and undo it.

Thanks to Skype, we could see each other though we were oceans apart.

沒有留言:

張貼留言