2016年4月6日 星期三

A Time for Us



Time: 11:30am~3pm, Apr. 6, 2016

Place: New hama, Taipei

Participants: Mr. Lin (林煇校長), Meihua (許玫華老師), and me

It's been a long time since our last gathering. When seeing Mr. Lin walking toward us, we trotted to him and gave him a big hug. Mr. Lin was once principal of Chiehshow Junior High and Neihu Senior High, at both of which I taught, 13 years at the former and 18 years the latter. He was respected and loved by the teachers and the students in both schools. I still remember almost every morning at the school gate, Mr. Lin would greet the teachers and the students with a broad smile. Students used to dub him as "Brother Hui (煇哥)."

At the age of 85, he is a father figure to both Meihua and me.

After our lunch gathering, I gave Mr. Lin a ride to Taipei City Hall. Then Meihua and I found a cafe near her home and we chatted until 6pm, catching up on what we had missed.



Mr. Lin and Meihua



Mr. Lin and me

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言