2015年2月6日 星期五

A Typical Day--A Model Essay from KOJEN

Before I threw this KOJEN English Language Schools newletter away, I'd like to type up the model essay in it for English learners' reference. This newsletter was published on Sep. 1, 2001; that is, 13 years ago.







A Typical Day in My Life


Katrina Brown


      No matter what we do to try to spice up our lives, we really are   creatures of routine. Just look at all the timetable and schedules we have—for   the bus, the train, the swimming pool, the math class…the list is endless.   So, even though I try to deny it, it is easy to describe a typical day in my   life.

Take a Monday for example. My mom wakes me up at 6 am. I put on my   school uniform, tidy myself up, and go to eat breakfast. Lucky for me, my mom   is one of the few that still cook breakfast for the family. I leave the house   at 6:30, and walk to the bus stop. The bus to school comes every 15 minutes.   If I miss the 6:45, I’m in big trouble. I get to school at 7:20, and head off   to my classroom.

I’m just an average student, so a typical class for me is taking notes   and trying to figure out what the teacher is talking about, and how it all   fits into my life—will I really need to know all these formulas when I’m   working in an office? After school, my friends and I hang out for a while,   exchanging gossip and CDs. Then, a group of us take a bus together to cram   school. My classes usually finish at 9:30, and then I take the MRT back home,   where my mom and dad are waiting with supper. After supper, I do my homework   take a shower, watch a little TV, and then jump into bed.

As you can see, a typical day for me is one of studying, traveling,   and eating. Sometimes, I wish my life wasn’t so repetitive. But could you   imagine a world without routines and schedules? We wouldn’t know when to go   to class, when to catch the bus, or when our favorite show was on TV. When   You think about it, there’s nothing too    bad about days that are typical!

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言