2012年8月14日 星期二

"Feed Me, Mom"--a Video Taken on Campus

Yesterday morning, while looking up and talking to a former student, I spotted an interesting sight outside the office window.

A big bird was sitting motionless on the branch.   At first, never seeing such a big bird in the trees on campus, I thought it was a "specifically designed" bee hive.  With a closer look, I couldn't believe my eyes.  It's a bird!  I took several pictures and when enlarging one of them, I found there was one, no, there were two baby birds under her wings.  My colleagues, students, and I then watched this family with wide-open eyes. 

Later, the father bird came back. It must have left too seek for food because later I saw the mother bird feeding her kids.  This scene must happen every day, but has been out of our sight either because we are too busy or because our eyes are lazy.

P.S. Looking at the video, I am a little worried about the mother bird's eyes and very touched by the bond between parents and children.

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言