2012年7月7日 星期六

The Greatness of a Stay-at-home Mum

The following is a passage from Reader's Digest (June, 2012). Reading it reminds me of the fact that one way to make one appreciate what someone does for him/her is to have him lose it for a while.


My husband came home from work to find our two kids playing in the driveway covered in paint, a broken window with a hole the size of a tennis ball, every room of the house in a clutter of mess, and no dinner waiting for him.


Worried that something had happened to me, he rushed upstairs, only to find me curled up in bed in my pajamas, reading a magazine.


"What on Earth is going on here?" he asked. I smiled warmly before replaying, "You know how yesterday you asked me exactly what it is I do every day?"


He nodded.


"Well, today I didn't."


Submitted by Emma Dowman



My comments: The stay-at-home mum is smart. Instead of arguing with her husband, she let him know the indispensability of her just by showing.

沒有留言:

張貼留言