2012年7月24日 星期二

Group Discussion--a While-reading Activity

309-1

An ideal English class in my mind is one in which students are given the maximum time to practice their English, as shown in these three pictures.  The pictures were taken on October 20, 2009, when a group of NTNU English majors came to observe me teaching Class 209.  We didn't have any rehearsal.  Everything went naturally.  The students were used to group discussion because our class had sometimes been conducted this way.

In the first photo, the students were divided into groups and then each group worked together to find or figure out the answers to the questions on the worksheet.  They could only speak English.

309-2

309-3

In the second and third photo, the students competed to give their group answers.

Ideally, I'd like to conduct every class this way.  However, for some variety, I didn't do this all the time. And regrettably, when the students were in their senior year, since there were many things to cover in one class period, I didn't do this anymore. However, I still worked hard to give students as many chances as possbile to use English in class.

沒有留言:

張貼留言