2012年3月27日 星期二

A Great Choice in My Life--an Essay by a Student

The following is a student's essay I read this afternoon. Very touching.

A Great Choice in My Life

 

Two years ago I suffered from cancer. I will never forget the day my doctor informed me of this bad news. Tears welled up in my eyes and I couldn't restrain myself from crying out loud. At the same time I was wondering how many days were left for me to live in this world.

Later that night, I calmed myself and began to contemplate. Now that I could not escape the painful chemotherapy, would would make hair fall and make me throw up, I could choose to be optimistic or pessimistic. Finally, I chose to be optimistic.

After a year or so I finished my therapy. I'd defeated the horrible disease! I was grateful to my parents, my friends, my doctors and everyone who had helped me during the treatment. Most of all, I was glad to have made a right choice, a choice to be optimistic when I faced challenges. It was the great choice that helped me get through the difficulties. And it also saved my life.

沒有留言:

張貼留言