2011年2月11日 星期五

The Ninth Day of the Chinese New Year

While I was searching for information about the ninth day of the Chinese New Year, I came across a website of a travel agency in China, which I believe is intended for foreigners.

The following is the information on the webpage with the heading "The Fifteen Days of the Chinese New Year."

http://www.chinafestivaltours.com/the-fifteen-days-of-the-chinese-new-year.html 



"Day9:

On the ninth day of the Chinese New Year many people offer prayers and offerings to the Jade Emperor. He is the ruler of heaven in the Taoist religion. The ninth day is traditionally considered to be his birthday. "

In fact, before I read the page, I'd already known that today is the birthday of the Jade Emperor. The older generations usually prepare offerings to worship the Emperor. As for me, my way to show my respect for Him is to behave myself.

沒有留言:

張貼留言