2011年2月27日 星期日

More Students' Responses to Amy Chua's "Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior"

In the entry posted the day before yesterday are some responses to Amy Chua's article from Class 309. Here are some by Class 314, done on Friday.

1. I don't agree with Amy Chua. Her children have gained a lot of skills and knowledge, but it is Amy's will, not the children's. Her daughters cannot choose what they want. They are just their mom's dolls. The way Amy Chua raised her kids is totally wrong. Though many Chinese parents think they push the children for their own good, they are just imposing their thoughts on their children. When the children grow up, without their parents' supervision, they will not know why they need to learn and get lost in the maze called life. (31405)

 

2. I hate that woman. She tried to shape her daughters into people who don't have their own thoughts. Thought her daughters might become successful one day, they won't feel happy. ((31404)

3. I don't agree with Amy Chua. Every kid needs a happy childhood. They should play with their friends instead of always studying and practicing the piano. (31426)

4. I agree with Amy Chua. Without the tough mom, Lulu could not play the piano that well. Although it is hard for Amy's daughters, in the future they will appreciate what their mom has done for them. If I were a mother, I might do the same thing Amy Chua does. (31418)

5. Actually, I don't agree with Amy Chua. Her daughters may have good performance; however, I don't think they will be creative. If something happens, they will not have the ability to solve the problem by themselves because their mother always arranges everything for them and they don't need to think or decide anything. (31417)

6. I think Amy Chua can be a good coach instead of a good mother. Her daughters don't have to be someone she wants them to be. How could she know her daughters have no potential for drama, sports, or something else? She should not force them to realize "her" dream. (31403)

7. I agree with the Tigher Mom's way of teaching her children. I believe every parent will choose the best way to educate their kids in order to help them become useful and successful. (31432)

8. I don't agree with Amy Chua's way to raise her children. On the contrary, I think children shold have rights to choose what they want to do. Parents can give them advice instead of threatening them. I prefer democracy to authority. (31436)

9. I agree with Amy Chua. People are lazy and always want to find the easiest way ot have things done. Although the way Amy Chua raised her children seems cruel, it does work! Howeve, I don't think Chinese parents are superior to their Western counterpart. It's just cultural difference. Western parents tend to respect their child and encourage them. In contrast, Chinese parents believe that getting their child ready for their future is the best way. (31433)

10. I think the mother must have lost her mind. There is no denying that sometimes kids need to be punished, but not in this situation. Her kid did work hard and try to live up to her mother's expectations. However, everyone has their limit, let alone a seven-year-old. Though it ended up well, I still think that there must be a wound left in the depths of her mind. (31406)

11. The mother is so horrible. She was too strict with her daughter. If I were her child, I would go crazy. (31437)

12. I don't agree with Amy Chua. Maybe chldren brought up this way can be successful in the future, but when they grow up, they can't remember any happy memory. What they can recall is the hard time they went through. (31413)

13. I don't quite agree, though in a sense she is right. Children need to be taught not to give up. However, in my opinion, success is not everything in life. If you never fail, you won't know how bitter it is. I would let my children do what they want, but I would teach them that once they make a choice, they have to keep going and never give up. (31409)

沒有留言:

張貼留言