2010年6月15日 星期二

A Post-reading Activity for "Paging Dr. Carson"



 

I had the students read at home an article from Reader's Digest, "Paging Dr. Carson." The mission they were required to complete was write either a reflection or a letter to Ben's mother from Ben. Besides, they could win extra 5-10 points by drawing a picture to summarize the article. The above are some of their pictures which tell the story.

The following is a letter to Ben's mother by a student in Class 214: 





June 6, 2010Dear Mom,

Thanks for stopping me from watching TV when I was a little kid. If you hadn't sanpped off the TV and forced Curtis and me to go to the library, we wouldn't have realized how magnetic the beauty of the world outside of the TV was.

My world used to be confined to such a "small box." However, after reading various kinds of books in the library, my vision expanded. Not only did I find there was a special monkey species with tremendous noses, but I learned how long a snake could be. Furthermore, I used to be impatient, but after embarking on my adventure in books, I gradually became a more patient, reasonable person. I believe you must have seen the improvement.  Last but not least, you accompanied us almost every time we went to the library even though you didn't know many words.

Your wise decision turned my life into a brand-new one. I can't be grateful enough for what you have done for us. Thanks, Mom.

Love,

Ben

沒有留言:

張貼留言