2008年11月12日 星期三

Varren's comments on "A Powerful Sentence"


Varren emailed me her response to the Nov. 8 entry "A Powerful Sentence" for fear that it might take up too much space on my blog.  With her permission, I put her comments here because some of her points are really good.


Varren: 


It is too much to post on yout blog, so...here it is


 

>>><<<

June's entry:

Today I wrapped up Unit 5 "I Have a Dream" by re-mentioning the sentence from the Alchemist:


"When you really want something to happen, the whole universe conspires so that your wish comes true."


How I love this sentence!


 Varren's comments:


It's also my most impressive and favorite sentence!


When I first read the story, I thought they were just nonsense, nothing more than a story...but somehow I learned the meaning through life experience afterward. I bought the book immmediately to read it over again and recommanded it to my colledge friends. (To my surprise, many of them didn't read or hear about this novel!)


One of my literacy class(通識課程?) taught a similar idea using a "famous"(according to the teacher) book titled "Letters to Vanessa" by a scientist, Jeremy W. Hayward, who wrote it for his daughter. He shares a concept of "Dead world" and "Lire world"--the former is what we learn everything from; the latter is what we can sense about. He demonstrates that the whole world is "united" and there is a magical power that connects everything. The author has many real stories to surpport thiese concepts and, of course, proved them depending on scientific knowledge.


I'm not sure whether this book is wroth buying. I once assume that it was a garbage(because the teacher's teaching was so bad!)...but now, well, maybe having a different view of world is enjoyable.


I will bring it to the school anniversary. See ya tmr!! XD



沒有留言:

張貼留言