2008年11月10日 星期一

"A Serious Mistake"--student's essay


The following is an essay by a student from Class 314:


                              A Serious Mistake



       
Ignoring the risk of smoking is the most awful mistake I have ever made. In junior high school, one of my best friends invited me to smoke with him. Without thinking twice, I took his suggestion at once and smoke with him, because I thought I would look cool by holding a cigarette with a faraway sadness in my eyes. However, many people around me discouraged me from smoking, because they all knew that getting into this bad habit was easy but breaking it is extremely difficult. Though they tried very hard, I merely took their advice as the wind blowing by my ears and kept getting my way.

Nonetheless, about four months after I began to smoke, I felt a splitting headache almost every day and started to feel weak. What's worse, many of my intimate friends became sick of me and tried staying away from me. To find my health and friends back, I quit smoking. However, I still couldn't recover entirely. Now, I feel exhausted easily whenever I exercise. Fortunately, at least I learned two lessons from this mistake: I must think twice before making a decision and take my health as the top concern. (198 words) (by 314 簡喬)


 

沒有留言:

張貼留言