2008年11月7日 星期五

To Varren

Here is the reponse to Etta from Varren, both of whom are my former students. This response was posted on my Life Type blog.


Re:Nonviolent Protest, Please


there are many problems to solve after this protest...But I think you're arguing on a different thing. I agree your point that we should ask where the wrath comes from, why those people feel so angry and insulted. (I feel the same, too!) however, what June wrote is about their action. everyone wants peace, yet it's not something to wish for but something to carry out. (bad English, sorry.)


And, I think everyone should know how great and fearful the power of media is.... Another my useful literacy class taught me that don't blindly believe what you learn from TV news or newspaper, even newspapers from abroad(they are the birthplace of mass media and so-called "democracy".) It's true that Mass media has become a "pollution" nowadays.


Posted by 儷珊 at 07/11/2008, 22:14


Dear Varren,


I agree with you that we shouldn't trust the media too much. And that's why I seldom watch TV.


I don't totally believe in what I see or hear. However, there must be the truth. I always hold that the truth is in the heart of everyone who gets involved.


Thank you for being the intermediary between Etta and me.

沒有留言:

張貼留言