2014年1月9日 星期四

When Grammar Meets Vocabulary

After teaching the first sentence pattern in Lesson 12: S wish that S had V-en and having students talk about what they wished they had done when they were younger, I started to teach the vocabulary. To get the students more familiar with this pattern, I challenged them to make sentences with both the vocabulary word and the newly-acquired pattern. Here are some sentences they made, with the new words marked blue and the grammar point underlined:

I wish I had sneaked out of my mother's room when I stole her money.  (The student said he made the sentence just for the sake of making sentences and that he didn't stole his mother's money.)

I wish I had not pushed him off the balcony.

I wish my father had bought the house with a balcony.

I wish I had not sworn at my father.

He wished that his girlfriend hadn't sworn to him that she would never cheat on him. (Wow! Very complex!)

I wish I hadn't been hostile toward my classmates.

沒有留言:

張貼留言