2014年1月6日 星期一

A Happy Gathering with Annie



This afternoon, Annie and I got together to celebrate her birthday, which falls next week.

Annie retired last August, but she does not stop working. We have co-written a few English listening exercise books for junior high school students. She also helps with a teacher training program at Soochow University by watching videos of teaching and giving comments.

Annie enjoys cooking for her family. Seeing the FB photos of delicious dishes she made, I once encouraged her to have her recipes published. Her family is lucky to have her with them, especially her husband. As the saying goes, "The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach."  Once in a while she makes food for her friends, including me. Today when she handed me a bag and told me that was for my dinner, I was very touched. How thoughtful she was! She knew that I was teaching and that it would be late when I got home after our gathering.

Annie, happy birthday! You are a god-sent angel.







 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言