2013年11月30日 星期六

My Animal Friends, Do You Enjoy Your Life?



(The koala looks like a philosopher, pondering the meaning of life...)



Today I paid a visit to the Taipei Zoo. It's been more than ten years since my last visit there, during which there was no sight of koalas or pandas in the zoo. All the animals seemed very content with their life...

I've always been wondering how animals feel about their life. All they do every day is eat, sleep, stroll, jump, run, and play. They can't read or learn like human beings. Don't they feel bored with such a monotonous life?

Staring at them, I felt lucky to be a human being, enjoying the variety of life. Meanwhile, the last sentence in Albert Einstein's article "For the Sake of Other Men" emerged in my mind:

"To make a goal of comfort and happiness has never appealed to me; a system of ethics built on this basis would be sufficient only for a herd of cattle."



 





 





 

沒有留言:

張貼留言