2012年12月31日 星期一

The End of the Year 2012

After surviving the supposed end of the world on Dec. 21, people around the world now are celebrating the last day of the year 2012 before ushering in a brand new year.

2012 is a special year to me, during which three major things happened.

I retired as a teacher on August 1.

My son went to the United States on August 5 for further studies.

My father passed away on October 19.

All the three are about departure. The first could be either temporary or permanent, the second is temporary, and the third, sadly, permanent.

For the past few years, on December 31, I would teach my students the song "Happy New Year." Four lines in the song best describe my mood on the last day of the year:

"In another ten years time
Who can say what we'll find
What lies waiting down the line
In the end of eighty-nine... "

No one knows what lies ahead. All we can do is seize the day, live in the present, and cherish what we have now.

There are only three hours left to the year 2013. Happy New Year!

Different versions of the song "Happy New Year":





沒有留言:

張貼留言