2012年12月8日 星期六

Friends


Yesterday was Mei-ying's birthday.  To celebrate it, Wei-yun and I invited her to have a trip to Yangmingshan.   Before we meandered in the Yangmingshan National Park, we had the picture taken in front of the iconic flower clock.




Then we strolled and chatted around the park, catching up on what we'd missed for the past few years. The above photo was taken at Kuangfu Building.

We three are old friends, having known each other for more than fifteen years. Although we don't see each other often, we are always on each other's mind.

Before our retirement, we three were conscientious teachers, teaching with all our hearts. Mei-ying (袁梅英老師) was strict with her students. In her class, no students slept.  Students paid their full attention to her.  She taught in English and students learned a lot from her. She spoke English as well as a native speaker. Listening to her talk in English is a great enjoyment.

Wei-yun (徐慰筠老師) was a very hard-working teacher. She devoted almost all her time to teaching. What impressed her students most was her emphasis on using dictionaries and her implementation of technology in class.  From her, students learned how to learn English.

As my friends, they both not only encourage me but also give me true and constructive advice.   Wei-yun often praised me for the way I dealt with my students.  She observed carefully and paid me sincere compliments.  Mei-ying told me before I went to the States to study at UIUC that since I was going to spend two years studying abroad, I might as well receive the strictest academic training so that the two years wouldn't be a waste of time.  During those two years, whenever I felt under pressure, her words emerged, soothing me and at the same time spurring me to move on.

I'm grateful to have both of them as my friends.

沒有留言:

張貼留言