2012年10月19日 星期五

Habit Is Second Nature

All creatures are the slaves of habits.

This Monday noon, when I got to the restaurant where some of my NHSH colleagues and I would have a gathering, I waited at the door for it to open automatically.

After a while, with the door still closed, I waved my hand overhead to check if the sensor had problems.  Still, the door didn't open.  Then thinking that door was just for decoration, I went left and right to see if the door was at the side of the building.

Seeing no other entrance, I went back to the door and waved at the sensor again.  No response!  Looking silly, I called the restaurant and complained that the door couldn't open.

Guess what?  The lady who answered my call told me to just push the door.  I did as instructed, and yes, I opened it.

The power of habits!

沒有留言:

張貼留言