2012年4月26日 星期四

Poem in Your Pocket Day

I just learned that today is American national Poem in Your Pocket Day while I was browsing the NPR (National Public Radio) website. On the following webpage, you can watch a 4'30'' video depicting how this holiday is celebrated in the town of Charlottesville, Virginia. The English is clear and easy.


http://www.poets.org/page.php/prmID/406



What would be the poem you'd like to share if we had such a holiday here in Taiwan? It can be a poem of any language. Mine would be Emily Dickinson's "If I can stop one heart from breaking."

"If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain."

The following is the video on the webpage. My special thanks to NPR for sharing.




沒有留言:

張貼留言