2012年4月14日 星期六

"I Believe in You"--an Awesome Upbeat Song

On Thursday and Friday I taught my three classes the song "I Believe in You," sung by IL DIVO and Celine Dion.  A wonderful song with beautiful melody and meaningful lyrics!

First, the students filled in some blanks while listening. After checking the answers, all they did was sit back and sing the song to their hearts' content. As for the French part, I just challenged them to try their best to sing along. Weighed down by the heavy school work load, these seniors need a song like this to release their pressure and bring them strength.

The following are the lyrics and the video of the song. The French lines come with their English meaning. Now, just sit back and enjoy the heart-touching song. Of course, sing along too.

I Believe in YouIL DIVO

Lonely
The path you have chosen
A restless road
No turning back
One day you
Will find your light again
Don’t you know
Don’t let go
Be strong

*Follow your heart
Let your love lead through the darkness
Back to a place you once knew
I believe I believe I believe in you

Follow your dreams
Be yourself, an angel of kindness
There’s nothing that you cannot do
I believe I believe I believe in you*

( Celine Dion)
Tout seul
all alone
Tu t'en iras tout seul
you'll go all alone
Coeur ouvert
open heart
A L'univers
to the universe
Poursuis ta quête
continue your search
Sans regarder derrière
without looking back
N'attends pas
don't wait

Que le jour
the day
Se leve
raise

Suis ton etoile
I'm your star
Va jusqu'où ton reve t'emporte
go where your dream takes you
Un jour tu le toucheras
one day you'll find it
Si tu crois si tu crois si tu crois
if you believe, if you believe if you believe
En toi
in you

Suis la lumière
I'm the light
N'éteins pas la flamme que tu portes
don't put out the flame you have
Au fonds de toi souviens-toi
remember yourself from the bottom of your heart
Que je crois que je crois que je crois
I believe I believe I believe
En toi
in you

Someday I’ll find you
Someday you’ll find me too
And when I hold you close
I’ll know that it’s true

Repeat *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChLW07FqbLY

沒有留言:

張貼留言