2011年11月7日 星期一

Thank You for Giving Feedback

This morning, after the second period of class, a girl in Class 311 came up to me and told me that she was really touched by the story I gave last Friday "Information Please."  She said she was even on the brink of tears.  I told her the first time I read the story in Chicken Soup, the ending of the story did make me cry. 

Then at noon when I was filing the assignments students handed in in the morning, I caught a glimpse of an additional comment from a student in Class 301 on the same story: "This story is really intriguing, somewhat touching.  I like it!"  

Actually, after the students read the story, they have to complete two missions.  One is to write a summary in around 100 words; the other is to find out what the story has in common with Emily Dickinson's poem "If I Can Stop One Heart from Breaking," which followed the story on the handout.  The additional comment from Ting-yun (鄭婷允) and Teng-yueh (曹騰躍) made my heart leap.  Their feedbacks are valuable because at least I got to know that homework can be fun.

The following is the my handout, which contains the story, the poem, and the missions.

Information Please-b4-20111103.doc

沒有留言:

張貼留言