2009年11月27日 星期五

Live with a Purpose

Two boy students told me today that they don't have motivation for studying. Is it because they're fed up with studying or because they've never taken interest in studying?

I asked the first boy if it would be OK if he left school and started to work now. He said it would be all right. Even so, I still believe he would miss his school days once he leaves school. Since the students had the 2nd mid-term today, I decided to talk to him some other day.

As for the second boy, because he came to me after the exam, I had more time to talk to him. He told me he just lacked motivation. I gave him a piece of paper and asked him to put down a goal on it as a reminder: to go to a national university. He then put the paper in his wallet. Then I told him to set a short-term goal for every day: to score above 70 on daily quizzes. Though it is not something big, hopefully, with his perseverance, it can lead to a greater achievement.

Finding a purpose for life is a big lesson.

沒有留言:

張貼留言